In response to the overwhelming inquiries regarding the City of Calgary’s response to COVID-19 regarding property tax deferrals and support for local businesses, this update provides important information on current efforts on behalf of Council and Administration.
On Monday, April 6, 2020:
- Council will be announcing additional relief measures for those affected by COVID-19, including recommendations for immediate tax deferrals and support for local businesses.
- Chief Financial Officer, Carla Male, will be providing an update on the City of Calgary’s financial landscape (Item 11.3)
Information for Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
The links below include recent announcements and additions.
- City of Calgary: COVID-19 Support for Businesses
- City of Calgary: COVID-19 Economic Resilience Task Force (Applications are open)
- City of Calgary: Planning and Development Updates
- List of Essential Services (Government of Alberta)
- Alberta Bits and Pieces Program (RFP application)
- Businesses are now able to submit an application with information about your company or organization’s products and/or services that can assist with the response to COVID-19.
- Emergency funding for charities and not-for-profit organizations