The Canadian Red Cross and The Province of Alberta are partnering to meet the needs of families in Southern Alberta impacted by the flash floods in June, 2013, through the Winter Emergency Heat Program. The program provides furnaces, hot water tanks and other essential items for heating to eligible homeowners in flood affected areas to ensure they are able to stay in their home as winter approaches.
To qualify for this program, residents:
- Must be registered with the Provincial Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) and be able to provide a DRP number
- For information about Alberta’s DRP: http://alberta.ca/2013DisasterRecoveryPrograms.cfm
- Frequently Asked Questions about the DRP: http://alberta.ca/Flood-FAQ.cfm
- Must be the primary homeowner on the home mortgage/ title of ownership
How do residents access the program?
Residents who meet the above criteria for this program can contact the Canadian Red Cross 1-866-696-6484 line to be directed to a caseworker who will collect the following information:
- Name, address and contact information
- Provincial DRP number
- Red Cross registration number
- Name of the primary homeowner on the mortgage papers/ title of ownership
Residents who have had a home assessment completed by World Renew, Samaritan’s Purse or another organization need to indicate who has provided their assessment.