The ECA’s Planning & Development committee works with community residents and developers to ensure our community continues to grow with the long-term interests of the community at heart.
ECA’s Planning and Development Process
- DP2021-1384 @ 55 & 57 27 AV SW (6-plex)
- DP2023-00495 @ 2703 Erlton St. SW (3-unit townhouse)
- DP2022-06325 2605 ERLTON ST SW New: Hot tub (floodway)
- DP2022-01884 @ 54 28 Ave SW (new 4-unit development)
- DP2022-05392 48 27 Ave SW Temporary Use: Home Occupation – Class 2 (Hair Stylist)
- DP2022-04692 at 19 28 Ave SW – Home Occupation – Class 2 (Tattoo Studio)
- LOC2021-0122 @ 37 25 AV SW (Land use change)
- DP2021-2634 @ 54 28 AV SW (4-plex)
- LOC2021-0156 Land use Change for Affordable Housing
- DP2021-8752 @ 23 31 Ave SW – Single Detached Dwelling, Secondary Suite (basement)
- DP2021-1955 at 60 34 AV SW (garbage enclosure)
- DP2020-5250 New 4-unit Development at 69 31 Ave SW
- DP2019-6561 Addition to Repsol Centre
For all current and past submissions hosted on the site, use the search feature in the top-right corner of the screen or click here to see all.
Comments on Policy & Land Use
ECA to Calgary Council re Ramsay Policy & Land Use amendments January11-2016
ECA to City Council re Hillhurst Policy & Land use amendments May11-2015
ECA to City Council re Mission Road land use amendment July21-2014
ECA to City Council re Anthem Land use amendmentt June09-2014
ECA Planning & Development Vision
Erlton is an established community, and with the exception of North Erlton, development is mostly re-development – the replacement of existing homes with new infills. Compatibility is of paramount importance for redevelopment in our low-density community, especially so when new projects are immediately adjacent to existing buildings that will likely not be torn down soon. Our Area Redevelopment Plan, in Section 18.104.22.168 states:
Reaffirm the policy of conservation for south Erlton. Infill development is encouraged; this should be compatible with the scale of surrounding development and the local streetscape.
The “3 Ps” of redeveloping established streetscape are “Proportion, Parking, and Privacy”. Successful developments build these three elements into their design, and are quickly approved and constructed without conflict.
We encourage developers to contact us early in their project – before applying for a development permit – in order to obtain feedback from the community. This will provide an opportunity to incorporate any changes before submission, and ensure a speedy approval and build. A street-scape view showing the homes on either side, plus a site plan and a cross-section showing the relationship with the homes on either side will enable our planning committee, and adjacent neighbours, to easily determine the impacts – good or bad.
- Calgary Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 (City of Calgary)
- Multi-Residential – Contextual Grade-Oriented (M-CG) (M-CGd#) District (City of Calgary)
- Erlton Area Development Plan (City of Calgary)
- The Community Guide to the Planning Process (Federation of Calgary Communities)
- Municipal Development Plan (City of Calgary)
- Developed Areas Guidebook (City of Calgary)
Contact Planning & Development
Questions? Contact Planning and Development.