The ECA’s Planning & Development committee works with community residents and developers to ensure our community continues to grow with the long-term interests of the community at heart.
- DP2017-5026 (Repsol Day Care)
- DP2017-4135 (Relaxation for lack of rooftop mechanical unit screening @ Mission Rd & 34th Ave SW)
- DP2017-4352 (Semi-detached @ 33 – 31 Ave SW)
- DP2017-4365 (liquor store @ Mission Rd & 34th Ave SW)
- Appealed: DP2016-4802 / SDAB2017-0042 (4-plex at 33 – 31 Avenue SW)
- Approval: DP2016-4802 (4-plex @ 33 – 31 Ave SW)
- LOC2016-0345 (Increase area of land to allow the expansion of the Repsol Sports Centre)
- DP2015-4607/SDAB2016-0095 (Now 70 units, liquor store, gas bar, convenience food store, single vehicle car at old Heninger Used Car Sales site)
- DP2016-4294 (Renewal of permit for Humpty’s Restaurant’s digital sign)
- DP2016-4094 (Talisman / Lindsay Park, new power generator)
- DP2016-1784 (Riverbank erosion protection @ 2519 Erlton Street SW)
- DP2016-0064 (Single family home with main floor secondary suite @ 2508 Erlton Street SW)
- Neighbour notice: Elbow River – bank stabilization project
- DP2015-4645 (Single family home @ 48 – 27 Ave SW)
For all current and past submissions hosted on the site, use the search feature in the top-right corner of the screen or click here to see all.
Comments on Policy & Land Use
ECA to Calgary Council re Ramsay Policy & Land Use amendments January11-2016
ECA to City Council re Hillhurst Policy & Land use amendments May11-2015
ECA to City Council re Mission Road land use amendment July21-2014
ECA to City Council re Anthem Land use amendmentt June09-2014
ECA Planning & Development Vision
Erlton is an established community, and with the exception of North Erlton, development is mostly re-development – the replacement of existing homes with new infills. Compatibility is of paramount importance for redevelopment in our low-density community, especially so when new projects are immediately adjacent to existing buildings that will likely not be torn down soon. Our Area Redevelopment Plan, in Section 188.8.131.52 states:
Reaffirm the policy of conservation for south Erlton. Infill development is encouraged; this should be compatible with the scale of surrounding development and the local streetscape.
The “3 Ps” of redeveloping established streetscape are “Proportion, Parking, and Privacy”. Successful developments build these three elements into their design, and are quickly approved and constructed without conflict.
We encourage developers to contact us early in their project – before applying for a development permit – in order to obtain feedback from the community. This will provide an opportunity to incorporate any changes before submission, and ensure a speedy approval and build. A street-scape view showing the homes on either side, plus a site plan and a cross-section showing the relationship with the homes on either side will enable our planning committee, and adjacent neighbours, to easily determine the impacts – good or bad.
- Calgary Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 (City of Calgary)
- Calgary Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 – Part 10 (City of Calgary)
- Erlton Area Development Plan (City of Calgary)
- Low Density Residential Housing Guidelines for Established Communities (City of Calgary)
- Municipal Development Plan (City of Calgary)
- Mission Road Main Street Innovation Project (City of Calgary)
Contact Planning & Development
Questions? Contact Planning and Development.